[fedora-arm] ARM kernel moving forward 3.7+

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:59:40 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I'm assuming since you've all been so quiet that the 3.7 kernel works
perfectly for the intended platforms (versatile/highbank to date) and
that we don't need to do anything what so ever moving forward (ROTFLOL
here!) or else no one other than Paul has bothered to test it (Calxeda
I am glaring at you). I would like to get this bolted down sooner
rather than later as I really don't want another repeat of 3.6.

Looking at post 3.7 I'm already starting to poke around and prep
things. Similar to x86-32 I'm aiming to basically have an armv7 and an
armv7-PAE kernel. The PAE kernel will support LPAE and the various
virt things that are starting to land in the kernel now so it will be
solely for A15 chipsets. I presume the Exynos5 supports those
features.

So with that I'd like some feedback from the mainline kernels guys or
anyone else that is a kernelly dev sort of person with for/against
suggestions and thoughts.