[fedora-arm] Fedora 17 and Fedora 18 both hang on Dreamplug

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Wed Oct 3 02:03:05 UTC 2012

On 10/02/2012 07:40 PM, Eric Floehr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a Fedora desktop user and have a couple of Dreamplugs with a JTAG
> I'm working with and trying to get Fedora on.
>
> However, both the Fedora 17 image and the current nightly Fedora 18
> image soft lockup on boot, at about the same place.

I've been having the same problem with mine, but haven't been working on
it. Now there is just now new kernel released, so that's worth a shot.

> I was wondering what the next steps in debugging this would be, and if I
> can help in any way to test builds, file bugs, etc. I would love to
> contribute and help out and use a Dreamplug as a test box. I'm new to
> ARM and embedded systems, but am willing to learn (would love to know
> how to build a uImage, SD card .xz file, etc.)

Well, from your logs the issue is happening after the systems has
booted, (Kernel is done, and Dracut has already mounted the rootfs and
passed control to init).

Try adding 'single' to your boot args to go directly to a root shell.
Try blacklisting the nand kernel module (as that's where it's failing if
I'm reading it right)? As far as I know the DreamPlug has no nand flash.

--
Scott Sullivan