[fedora-arm] Fedora 17 and Fedora 18 both hang on Dreamplug

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Wed Oct 3 22:42:14 UTC 2012

Scott, Neils,

Yeah, my understanding is as well that the orion_nand module is
> causing these troubles. I do not know if the DreamPlug has a NAND or
> not, but loading the module is surely optional.
>
> You can try to do the following steps:
> 1. add the following "kernel" parameter (it's actually dracut acting
> on it): rd.driver.blacklist=orion_nand
> 2. create a file in /etc/modprobe.d/disable-orion_nand.conf with the
> contents "blacklist orion_nand"
>
> This should prevent the orion_nand module from getting loaded and
> hopefully your DreamPlugs boot a little further.

Blacklisting orion_nand did the trick, thanks! Here is the link to the full
boot. There were a few FAILED's but the system boots and gets me to a
prompt, which is great:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/322193/dreamplug/fedora-18-attempt-2.txt

I guess the question is now, why does the nand module get loaded, and is
there a way to have it not, so that others with dreamplugs can have a
seamless boot experience?

Also, I offer up my Dreamplug to test Fedora builds on, as you need. Just
let me know!

Cheers,
Eric