[fedora-arm] Who's using Kirkwood?

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Sat Oct 6 09:43:33 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

I'm interested to know who is using Kirkwood, and who would miss it if
it went away. For now, we won't kill off ARMv5 because it is used in the
official rPi builds but that doesn't mean I'm not interested to know
whether we should put testing effort into Kirkwood for F18.

My thought is that the latest plugs are moving to ARMv7, and so as the
cutting edge Linux distro, we should make plans for deprecating support
over the coming releases. This is not a call to drop support today. If I
can get numbers on how many people care, that will help.

Jon.