[fedora-arm] Rasp Pi F17v5 Status Update

Jon Chiappetta Jon.Chiappetta at senecacollege.ca
Thu Oct 11 18:44:26 UTC 2012

Hey everyone,

Reading over the latest meeting logs, I see that there is frustration with what we are doing (or not doing) at Seneca.
No excuses or anything but our team has been fairly busy since the summer: new co-worker, returning students, fsoss,
presentations to higher-ups, weird working hours, build farm maintenance, machines failing and so on. Chris updated and built a new
rasp-pi-vc  package and we haven't tested it yet to see if other things break or not. I need to re-build my rasp pi splash screen and
scratch seems to build, however, it has a bug where you can't open or save files. The weird part is that rasbians build of scratch works
fine where ours doesn't and this has blocked us a bit because we would like it to work before release since the pi was primarily
supposed to be a learning tool. I was going to run a compose possibly today and we might have to release with some potentially
broken packages but this may cause more confusion and just cause more people asking in channel. I'm sorry if it seems as if we're
not following the release soon/often rule, maybe I'm just not used to doing things like that yet. I think our team has too much on our
plates right now in terms of work and I think that's why we've been delayed by this.

I'll try to get in the habit of posting more updates about this,
Thanks,

Jon