[fedora-arm] Fedora ARM VFAD - Help test Fedora 18 ARM TC1, kernels and device tree! - 2012-10-15

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 17:15:00 UTC 2012

On 10/16/2012 04:25 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> One notable breakthrough was being able to boot the trimslice with the
>> latest version of u-boot.
>> (had to change boot.cmd to have root=/dev/mmcblk0p3)
>
> OK, interesting to see why labels don't work.

I think it's a red herring.  Booting with root=/dev/sda2 does *not*
work.  What we can say for sure is that mmc is working, but usb sata is
not.  Perhaps somebody booting off mmc could try using a label to
confirm?  My trimslice h's bootlog is here, using the new uboot:

   http://fpaste.org/iz1r/

Note this boot succeeds when the old uboot is installed- and device tree
is active.  Appended dtb in both cases.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com