[fedora-arm] F18 on mirabox

Jochen De Smet jochen.arm at leahnim.org
Thu Apr 4 19:27:12 UTC 2013

Making some progress on this, slowly...

After moving the USB driver from module to built-in, I was able to make
it find
the rootfs on the USB stick. First issue I see is this:

<28>systemd[1]: No control group support available, not creating root group.

even though it's definitely enabled in the kernel:

[root at localhost ~]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CGROUP
CONFIG_CGROUPS=y
# CONFIG_CGROUP_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_CGROUP_NS=y
CONFIG_CGROUP_FREEZER=y
CONFIG_CGROUP_DEVICE=y
# CONFIG_CGROUP_CPUACCT is not set
CONFIG_CGROUP_SCHED=y
# CONFIG_BLK_CGROUP is not set

then there were a couple of systemd services failing:
<27>systemd[855]: Failed at step OOM_ADJUST spawning
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-readahead: No such file or directory
<29>systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service: main process exited, code=exited,
status=206/OOM_ADJUST

I managed to work around both of those by commenting out the OOMScoreAdjust
parameter in their respective systemd config files.

Next thing was that I forgot to adapt fstab to point to the right UUID
for root.

And now I'm running into this:
<28>systemd[1]: dbus.service start request repeated too quickly,
refusing to start.

repeated a couple dozen times, then it seems to hang. Don't even get the
emergency shell prompt I got through some of the failure above.

I'll try some more tinkering tonight, but if anyone had any ideas I'll
be happy
to hear them.

J.