[fedora-arm] Trimslice with 1GB of RAM and DTB now working

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Tue Apr 16 12:45:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

> On 04/15/2013 10:04 AM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> The people at Compulab sent me a pointer for how to fix the problem with
>> the trimslice not booting using the latest kernel. It's as simple as setting
>> a couple new uboot environment variables.  See:
>>

>> http://www.trimslice.com/wiki/index.php/Trim-Slice_Firmware_Updater#U-Boot_environment_variable
>>
>> This works for me!  My trimslice is now running
>> 3.8.5-201.fc18.armv7hl.tegra with 1GB of memory.

Oh, interesting, so I've finally made the jump on my trimslice from
the stock kernel to 3.8.7-201.fc18.armv7hl.tegra

I've got things working, but this was not a smooth ride. The wiki
is wrong wrt the instructions for putting the dtb in place, it says:

###

ln -s /boot/dtb-<kernel-version> /boot/dtbs

For example for 'kernel-tegra-3.7.5-202.fc18.armv7hl'

ln -s /boot/dtb-3.7.5-202.fc18.armv7hl.tegra /boot/dtbs

###

But in uboot /boot is / so it should be a relative symlink
to work in both environments!

I know it is a wiki, so I've already updated it :) I just wanted to
make sure others reading this thread are aware of this too.

Regards,

Hans