[fedora-arm] Problems with a pogoplug v02

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Apr 17 16:26:24 UTC 2013

Reboot in process see below.

On 04/16/2013 10:31 PM, Scott Sullivan wrote:
> On 04/16/2013 09:53 PM, Scott Sullivan wrote:
>> To use the serial UART console on the pogoplug, yes. But the
>> instructions on the wiki we're made with the goal that you should not
>> have to use the serial console.
>>
>> I've got a USB stick being prepared right now and I've already gone
>> through the uboot upgrade on one of the few virgin model Pogo-E02 's I
>> have.
>>
>> I'll post my notes when I'm done.
>>

> So the short of it is that I had no issues following the steps
> provided on the wiki. They are actually a lot cleaner then when I did
> them.
>
> My Notes:
> http://revident.net/projects/pogoplug/fedora-18-install/
>
> shell.history
> ^ This is what I did at the command line. Of note is that I did this
> at the serial console because I couldn't get my pogoplug to register
> to enable SSH. There should be no applicable difference between doing
> it here vs ssh as I've done it from SSH when setting up Fedora 17.
>
> There is a little extra in there from my mounting a spare USB drive to
> get the files off as scp didn't work for some reason.
>
> uboot.afterupdate
> ^ fw_printenv of the uboot settings after I applied the updated uboot.

fw_printenv was not in my path.  I had to add /usr/sbin/

I also could not get scp working, and had to mount a usb drive to
capture my work.  I DID ssh into the system.

> uboot.fedorachanges
> ^ fw_printenv of the uboot settings after I applied the fedora 18
> specific fw_setenv commands.
>
> All of the above was done and taken from within side the pogoplug
> linux environment.
>
> Other things I noticed.
>
> 1) I did have the reboot command in the pogoplug linux and it worked
> as expected.

/sbin/reboot  Again not in my path.

I rebooted and am still in the pogo linux bash.

> 2) The loading of the uInitrd took on the order of a minute, but that
> might be the microSD+adapter I'm using for the OS image.
> 3) The fedora instance rebooted itself once after seemingly to finish
> booting. It came up fine after that. I had to be patienent for SSH to
> come up, was maybe 2-3 minuets.

One thing I noticed different in your picture than mine, I have the
fedora usb drive in the back top USB port.  I did this as a 'safer'
location for it, as well as allowing me to use the front port easily if
needed for a drive.  Does this impact line 17 or 22 of your history
output?  If so, you need to tell in your notes which USB port to place
the drive in!

You will find my files at medon.htt-consult.com/~rgm/pogo