[fedora-arm] Fedora 18 on wandboard

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 14:04:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Jurgen Kramer <gtmkramer at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I got Fedora 18 ARM running on my wandboard dual. I used a F18 rootfs to
> get things started and bolted on the wandboard 3.0.35 kernel (config
> adjusted for Fedora).
> Everything seems to be running fine, only one odd thing with the tmpfs
> filesystems. They seem to be mounted without the size option:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# df -H /run
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> tmpfs              0     0     0    - /run
>
> mount output:
> devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
>
> /run being 0 prevents avahi from getting installed.

I suspect you might need a newer kernel than 3.0.x as I think there's
been a number of recent enhancements to tmpfs.

> vs F18 running vexpress image using qemu:
>
> mount output:
> devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs
> (rw,nosuid,seclabel,size=508744k,nr_inodes=127186,mode=755)
>
> df -H /run
> [root at localhost ~]# df -H /run
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> tmpfs           528M  1.3M  527M   1% /run
>
> Any way for me to fix this?  Did I miss some important kernel config option?
> The wandboard image is fully updated.

Not that I'm aware of, I suspect you need a newer kernel. F-18
mainline shipped with a 3.6.10 kernel. I'm hoping to add support for
the Wandboard in F-19 as well as other imx6 devices but I've not had
time to deal with adding the imx6 bits to the kernel as yet.