[fedora-arm] Bad image/instructions? - Re: Problems with a pogoplug v02

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Apr 18 22:20:54 UTC 2013

On 04/18/2013 05:59 PM, Scott Sullivan wrote:
> On 04/18/2013 04:54 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>
>> Now there is a warning NOT to use the fw_setenv that comes in Fedora, as
>> that would brick the pogo.  I am assuming that unless I change these
>> options I will always have this netconsole?  That the boot instructions
>> to boot off the usb will not change that?  If so how might I change what
>> addresses used for the netconsole now?
>
> So at the moment I can't find the information on doozan.com, but it is
> there. For some reason cloud engines used a custom CRC algorithm to
> verify the integrity of the uboot environment variables. This has not
> been up streamed and is not in the version of uboot-utils that is
> shipped with fedora. The update uboot provided by doozan.com keeps
> this CRC method intact, I believe as a compatibility reason.
>
> This is 6 month old memory though. I just know that at the time I took
> this very seriously and put the warning in the Fedora PogoPlug docs.

For now I am leaving it as is.  I would LIKE to change the pogo's IP
address out of my dhcp range to a static area.  But that would change
this netconsole setup, I think.  And changing the dhcp settings will
change where the notebook ends up.  I suppose I could set the notebook
and the pogo to get fixed addresses via dhcp from their MAC and move the
dhcp range for now.  Sigh so much to do.