[fedora-arm] Opinions on flash or network drives for development work

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 15:48:40 UTC 2013

On 1 August 2013 08:42, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm now doing quite a lot of compilation on my Chromebook and my Trim
> Slice.  It's OK, provided that two processes don't try to hit the disk
> at the same time, at which point everything grinds to a halt.

I know that several ARMS talk to disks via the USB chain versus a
dedicated SATA like connection. This causes all kinds of issues when 2
things talk down the bus to the disk drive (just like if it is a
spinning disk). The same with network and other peripheals. It will
depend on how the hardware sees it and talks to it to know if it will
work well or not. [My kingdom for an ARM PCI bus :)]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.