[fedora-arm] Any opinions on ODROID-XU ?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 15:52:12 UTC 2013

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 10:06:59AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> I would like to support the various ODROID (and I think there's over a
>> dozen of them) but at the moment we don't support any of the Exynos
>> platforms well at the moment and upstream they still haven't managed
>> to land even the basic Multi Platforms support for that kernel which
>> pretty much kills us dead to support it well. I believe Linaro have
>> the action item to land to MP support and I've been told since around
>> 3.7 that it'll be "next cycle" but it never seems to make it. Once MP
>> support lands we'll start to look at it closer.
>
> Sorry to ask what may be obvious, but "Multi Platforms support"
> means device tree support?

No, it means booting a single kernel on multiple SoCs. Basically going
back to prior to 3.7 we had to have a different kernel for each SoC
(tegra/imx/highbank/omap/versatile) and now we have a single kernel
for pretty much everything. DT tends to be one of the things that come
with that but it's not necessary or dependent.