[fedora-arm] Black Bootable image

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Dec 22 14:34:51 UTC 2013

On 12/22/2013 08:59 PM, Adrian wrote:
> I see vfat images dated this month, however still indicating the serial console requirement.
>
> When will we get to a bootable image, with usb/hdmi support please?
>
> Adrian ... vk4tux

This month's VFAT image for the Beaglebone Black is badly broken. If you
want something workable use an older
image.Fedora-Minimal-VFAT-armhfp-20-1-sda.raw.xz
<http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/Fedora/releases/20/Images/armhfp/Fedora-Minimal-VFAT-armhfp-20-1-sda.raw.xz>
contains a kernel which keep oops'ing on certain operations, like an
outbound slogin attempt. I reported that and the response was kernel RPM
3.12.5-302 which results in a board which will not boot at all.

It looks like kernel-3.12.5-302 fixes various things for x86_64
machines, so it is an improvement for them, yet it really wrecks an ARM
installation. I guess we can expect ARM to always be a secondary
architecture, with anything that benefits x86_64 users being pushed,
regardless of its effects on other users.

Regards,
Steve