[fedora-arm] Hardware list - Re: Fedora 20 for Raspberry Pi????

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Dec 24 00:55:40 UTC 2013

On 12/23/2013 07:26 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>>> This is the list of what is supported by Fedora:
>>>
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM
>>>
>>> Remixes are covered here:
>>>
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F19/Remixes
>>>
>>> But if you mean what ARM hardware has anyone ever tried to run Fedora
>>> on and maybe got something working by hacking around, I don't think
>>> that exists.
>>
>> It would be nice for a place where people can report what they have gotten
>> working.  And how.
> That's what this list is for.... and it's used quite regularly as such.

Oh, yes.  But then one has to read through all the messages and gather
the 'lore' of the list to learn what has been done.

You see, my day job is developing standards.  I work in the IETF and
IEEE on standards.  Particularly in the IETF we have noted that there is
tremendous lore in the lists that we MUST capture so that someone coming
along later will get it right without having to plow through sometimes
1000s of emails.  I got burned with RFC 2410; we had fun writing it.
Everyone at the time knew what we meant about a cipher with key length
of Zero and what that meant in ISAKMP.  5 years later we had a few
companies whos programmers had not grown up with english and definitely
did not know about things like ITAR. The result was they did not
interoperate with other IPsec implementations.  Ouch. (they included the
ISAKMP key length payload which you are not suppose to do if the
cipher's key length is a constant and if you get an ISAKMP payload you
are not expecting you are suppose to reject the exchange.  All we had to
do was include that little point in the RFC, but did not) So for the
work I am in charge of, I try to capture the list lore and see that
someone gets it consolidated.

Just my 1 cent worth.

Back to looking at what hardware I want to get sometime soonish.