[fedora-arm] F20 Beta 5 (XFCE) remix for PandaBoard

Sid Boyce sboyce at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 24 01:15:14 UTC 2013

I have done a number of yum update since but no change. All the header
files exist.
The full output:-
root at panda:/1/ghpsdr3-alex# ./configure
checking build system type... armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
checking host system type... armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
checking target system type... armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /usr/bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking how to convert armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf file names to
armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf file names to
toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... no
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether gcc and cc understand -c and -o together... yes
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.5... python
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.7
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
configure: Platform: ARM 7
configure: -O3 -pipe -march=armv7hl -mfpu=neon -fno-tree-vectorize -fopenmp
configure: -O3 -pipe -march=armv7hl -mfpu=neon -fno-tree-vectorize -fopenmp
checking for library containing round... no
checking for library containing pthread_create... no
checking for library containing Pa_Initialize... no
checking for library containing fftwf_malloc... no
checking for library containing codec2_create... no
checking for library containing pa_simple_new... no
checking for library containing pa_strerror... no
checking for library containing usb_init... no
checking for library containing jack_client_open... no
checking for library containing config_init... no
checking for library containing libusb_init... no
checking for library containing event_init... no
checking for library containing evthread_use_pthreads... no
checking for library containing bufferevent_openssl_socket_new... no
checking for library containing src_new... no
checking for library containing ortp_init... no
checking for library containing omp_get_active_level... no
checking for size_t... no
checking for working alloca.h... no
checking for alloca... no
checking whether `alloca.c' needs Cray hooks... no
checking stack direction for C alloca... -1
checking arpa/inet.h usability... no
checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: arpa/inet.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: arpa/inet.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: arpa/inet.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: arpa/inet.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: arpa/inet.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for arpa/inet.h... no
checking fcntl.h usability... no
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: fcntl.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: fcntl.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: fcntl.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: fcntl.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: fcntl.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for fcntl.h... no
checking limits.h usability... no
checking limits.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: limits.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: limits.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: limits.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: limits.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: limits.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for limits.h... no
checking malloc.h usability... no
checking malloc.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: malloc.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: malloc.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: malloc.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: malloc.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: malloc.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for malloc.h... no
checking netdb.h usability... no
checking netdb.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netdb.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netdb.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: netdb.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: netdb.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: netdb.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for netdb.h... no
checking netinet/in.h usability... no
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netinet/in.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/in.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/in.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: netinet/in.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: netinet/in.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for netinet/in.h... no
checking stddef.h usability... no
checking stddef.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: stddef.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: stddef.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: stddef.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: stddef.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: stddef.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for stddef.h... no
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/ioctl.h usability... no
checking sys/ioctl.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/ioctl.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for sys/ioctl.h... no
checking sys/param.h usability... no
checking sys/param.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/param.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for sys/param.h... no
checking sys/socket.h usability... no
checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/socket.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for sys/socket.h... no
checking sys/time.h usability... no
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/time.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/time.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/time.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/time.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/time.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
checking for sys/time.h... no
checking sys/timeb.h usability... no
checking sys/timeb.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: sys/timeb.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/timeb.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/timeb.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/timeb.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/timeb.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
configure: WARNING:     ## --------------------------------------------- ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to andrew att montefusco dott com ##
checking for sys/timeb.h... no
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
configure: error:
   The pthread library and header file required to build ghpsdr3.
root at panda:/1/ghpsdr3-alex#
Regards
Sid.