[fedora-arm] Cubieboards - Re: Announcing Fedora 19 ARM remix for Allwinner SOCs release 1, now with A20 support

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Dec 26 16:47:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 09:22:13AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> writes:
>
> > On 07/18/2013 06:12 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I'm very happy to announce the first release (r1) of my Fedora 19 ARM
> >> remix images for Allwinner A10, A10s, A13 and A20 based devices. This
> >> release is based on the official Fedora 19 Final for ARM images,
> >> with u-boot and kernel(s) from the linux-sunxi project:
> >> http://linux-sunxi.org/
> >
> > So I am looking hard at the cubieboards.  Either the cb2 or cb3
> > (cubietruck).  I found the following remixs:
> >
> > http://dl.cubieboard.org/software/a20-cubieboard/fedora/
> >
> > Is production f19 available for the cb2; or is 'based on final' good
> > enough with yum updates?  What about the cb3?
>
> My understanding is that the only issue you'll have with the remix is
> that you cannot 'yum update' into a non-remix kernel.  Perhaps my
> understanding is off?

This is right.  In fact if you try to do it (as I did) you'll
end up with a system that needs manual intervention to boot.

Hans's remix on the CT is recommended.  I have upgraded mine to F20, I
am running an upstream(-ish) kernel, and have got virtualization
working.  There are instructions on my blog on how to do all this.

Make sure you get a serial cable (ie. CP2102 USB-serial converter).

Rich.