[fedora-arm] ARMv8 Bootstrap rootfs cannot be cloned

Steve McIntyre steve.mcintyre at linaro.org
Fri Feb 1 04:02:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 09:55:01PM -0500, Mark Salter wrote:
>On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 17:33 -0700, Al Stone wrote:

>> > Hi Al,
>> >
>> > I don't know if you've forgotten to do that, or I'm seeing some other
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > $ git clone http://fedorapeople.org/groups/armv8/rootfs.git
>> > Cloning into 'rootfs'...
>> >
>> > After over 5 minutes, nothing seems to have happened.
>>
>> Howdy, Steve.
>>
>> I've filed a ticket with our IT folks and we'll see what happens.  I'm
>> seeing the same behavior and it worked up until recently.
>>
>> Sorry about that; hopefully it can be fixed quickly.
>>

>I've seen it too and found that it does eventually finish. Just takes
>a long time. The tree has grown to ~8GiB at this point.

Ah, yes. OK. I'm used to git being a *little* more verbose when it
clones remote repos. Trying again and using strace, I can see it's
grabbing large pack files and du is showing data turning up.

Sorry for the false report.

Cheers,
Steve McIntyre                                steve.mcintyre at linaro.org
<http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs