[fedora-arm] Fedora 18 on ARM based Samsung Chromebook class

John Dulaney jdulaney at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 21 20:52:13 UTC 2013

On Feb 22 at 20:00 UTC in #fedora-arm-talks I will be discussing how to install
Fedora on the arm based Samsung Chromebook.

Things you will need prior to the talk:
A Chromebook
A second machine for extracting images, etc.
8 GB SD card (4 *may* work, but I have not tested this)
The Fedora 18 armv7hfp image here:
http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/arm-nightlies/vault/f18/Images/armhfp/Fedora-18-armhfp-rootfs.tar.xz

I will be teaching three stages.  The first stage is to get Fedora working on the SD card
using the Chrome OS kernel.  Stage Two will be installing Fedora on the internal SSD,
once again using the Chrome OS kernel.  Stage three will be about hints on building
your own kernel.

John.