[fedora-arm] gmp issue resolution

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 03:39:10 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

So the issue we have been experiencing with gmp is actually binutils
related. There is a known regression in binutils wherein certain
assembly is not recognized as ARM if it contains extraneous space!

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2012-11/msg00104.html

I'm copying Nick Clifton, because he'll want to make sure that
ultimately we get the fix into binutils in F19/rawhide. But in the
interim, you can go ahead and apply the following tested patch to gmp
that just removes the extraneous space in udiv.asm for ARM. Once
binutils is fixed, this patch is obviated and harmless.

Jon.