[fedora-arm] More storage for vexpress (QEMU)

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:33:55 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Jon <jdisnard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed.
>
> Should be able to use dd or truncate to enlarge the img file, then use a
> partition tool to enlarge the tables, then expand the filesystem.
>
> Considering the image has the rootfs resize package, it might be possible to
> simply enlarge the image file and be done.
> Give it a try and let us know.

Sorry, it took me a couple of days to find time to try this out.
Here's what I did:
1. Used truncate to increase the size of the image file.
2. Booted the VM.
3. Used fdisk to delete the existing partition and create a new
partition that uses all available space.
4. Reboot.  (The tools that tell the kernel to reread the partition
table reported that they failed, and asked me to reboot instead.)
5. Ran resize2fs to expand the filesystem.

And now I have plenty of space.  Hurray!  Thanks everyone.  Off I go
to debug....
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/