[fedora-arm] Kernel 3.8 plans

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:33:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Sean Omalley <omalley_s at rocketmail.com> wrote:
> good info.
>
> I just started building the 3.8rc2 for kirkwood based on the config-3.6.10-6.fc18.armv5tel.kirkwood.
> only one patch needed to be added so far. It imported without prompting for any extra features. However,
> I doubt this platform is the unified kernel... (?)

Nope, not part of unified. Unified is only currently for v7 hardware.
I've not seen any need for any patches based on the kirkwood 3.7
kernel as yet. The armv5 kernels at this point are pretty static and I
expect them to remain as such.

> From my understanding the native tegra3 support didnt make it into 3.8 kernel... it had to wait until 3.9. (?)

The core tegra3 support landed upstream a few releases ago so I'm not
sure what you're referring too.