[fedora-arm] Status on Cubie/All Winner A10

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 09:46:44 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 01/10/2013 10:24 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> On 01/10/2013 04:55 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>>
>>>     Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> following some problems with the Raspi, I have been looking at the
>>> Cubie as a possible replacement for my own project. I saw Hans mails
>>> about adding support in December and wondered what the status is
>>> currently. Anything I could try/test/debug when I have time ?
>>

>> I'm still working on this. After fixing a use-after-free bug in
>> the sunxi kernel tree cgroup code (caused by an android specific patch),
>> I now have a pretty stable and working setup. I hope to be able to publish
>> Fedora-18 A10 images in a couple of days. As said I've everything ready,
>> I "just" need to write a compose script so that I can create reproducable
>> images, and provide easy instructions for others to reproduce my work.
>>
>> So hopefully I'll have something ready in a couple of days ...
>
> I suggest using the ARM installer stuff that dmarlin has been working
> on, with that you should be able to use a kickstart and live media
> creator. It would be good to get some feedback on the process too.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Installer

I'm sorry, but the most work for the A10 stuff atm is building the kernel
+ gazillion different u-boot + spl + fex (A10 variant of devicetree info file)
files, after that I just take the panda images and drop everything in.

I think I've a good enough kernel build now (I had to fix the sunxi hdmi code
to teach it to talk to dvi monitors and to do EDID instead of a hardcoded
resolution, after that I hit a memory corruption bug ...), so now all I
really need is some shell scripts to be able to do reproducable kernel
+ uboot builds and then some more shell scripts to patch up a panda
image to become an a10 image.

I understand that patching the panda image is a hack and not a proper
compose, but just getting all the a10 stuff to work is enough work
without also adding real distro-composing into the picture.

Regardsm

Hans