[fedora-arm] Genesi notebook?

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 15:05:51 UTC 2013

On 01/10/2013 04:45 AM, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested to have an ARM based notebook, just as I have noticed at Genesi the Efika MX notebook has turned into an end-of-life product - and no new machine on the horizon. Is there similar product that Fedora has image for it, or it can be run Fedora?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zoltan
>
> --

I have both the genesi smartbook and Samsung Chromebook.  The Samsung arm chromebook is definitely a step up from the Genesi Efika MX smartbook.  The chromebook has a larger display, twice the processors running at almost twice the clock rate, USB 3.0 support, and four times the memory.  The main hassles with the Samsung chromebook are you need to make the machine run in developer mode and copy over the kernel because the Fedora kernels do not yet work for the chromebook.

-Will