[fedora-arm] Ada for Fedora ARM

Sean Omalley omalley_s at rocketmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:02:20 UTC 2013

I was able to get a working gnatmake, and successfully run a helloword ada program by using the debian packages extracted.
the untarring the data.out.tar.gz files. (not a great test, but..), you also have to recompile binutils to allow sys-root and install it. (which is enabled for xplatform builds, but not for either debian or fedora's native builds. but it is needed to get gnatmake to work.  I was using the 4.6 gcc version packages from debian, and 4.6 actually supposedly works better then 4.7.x.

I got to cloog support for some reason and mucked up the linker paths and wedged it, since I need to run the 18 beta and start over, im calling it a day on this.

It actually would probably be more productive to flesh out the cross-compiler libs since 4.7 seems to have some issues with ADA, and the compiles are faster with cross, and it makes it easier for -other- projects to cross compile. so it isn't a complete waste of time if it never works right. (which I assume is what Peter is saying. :) )