[fedora-arm] Guide to ARM cpu & their support

carlos p. cpg at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 15 13:37:28 UTC 2013

Hello!

I was wondering if you can recommend a pointer or two (or three) with an overview of the variations of the various ARM CPUs supported in the recent images posted (esp. on F17, and the more recent F18 beta).

Perhaps pointers to more generic descriptions of the CPU capabilities and the nomenclature used in the list (and kernel?).

I have used the various Marvell plugs out there and now playing with the RasPi, but I would like to get the lowdown on all these variations. I know there are variations with hard fp, core version and perhaps other things, ARMv8 (64bits), A5/A7/8/A9/A15 (what happened to A6 and others?), cortex vs no-cortex, these can be a little confusing to keep track of ... so I was looking for some guidance :)

Thanks,

Carlos