[fedora-arm] Quick notes from Sunday....

Jonathan Masters jcm at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 02:34:50 UTC 2013

On a plane...quickly written notes below.

F18
   - Eclipse. Needs builder gid change for mockuser. Apparently done but need known good NVR.
   - ghc-devel. Apparently just a dep issue. Needs followup.
   - js. Confusion exists as to whether fix works. Reconfirm what was tested and consider pkexec has broader issue, whether we are blocked. Probably needs technical probing.
   - PackageKit. Official update mechanism needs to work (see also pkexec). See also js.
   - v5 images. Should just need building once we have the above fixed.
   - dtb. Need to get dtb built into 3.6 based F18 RC images in order to be ready for 3.7. Especially OMAP and Tegra. Dennis prefers built in standard package, ok with doing so in 3.7 kernel (kernel-dtb) and pulling back into RC images as an exception this one time. Saves reissuing 3.6 kernel package. Some testing done. Need to verify all targets have right bits in place and check 3.7 kernel upgrade.

Open issues
   - 3.7 kernel update scratch built. To send Peter final patch. Known working on highbank and versatile but unclear if upgrade works on e.g. OMAP. Need to at least get dtb in known good state on 3.6 image so we can hope to get 3.7 update right without hacks. Then need to test 3.7 more on OMAP, Tegra.
   - believe jcm's createrepo fix was never issued in an official package. Needs fix for PHX builders, etc.
   - spot experienced an issue likely caused by redhat-rpm-config not being installed by default in devel group, or via rpmbuild. Decision (acked by spot) to push for r-r-c dep on rpmbuild (all RPMs built on Fedora are generally Fedora/Red Hat targeted, other targets can then be supported specially via path override - we know we need Panu and others to agree this time around as not first time for this issue).
   - generic test package needed to e.g. on all arches cause fail if RPM macros or other build environment changes detected. Can then catch unintentional breaks like above mthumb.

--
Sent from my iPad