[fedora-arm] Announcing Fedora 19 (Schrödinger's cat) for the 2012 Samsung Chromebook

Jon Parasense at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 7 17:33:58 UTC 2013

As promised the other desktop environment spins have landed:

KDE
LXDE
MATE
MINIMAL
XFCE

These are located at my Fedora people page [1]
Instruction are located on the Fedora-arm remix wiki [2]

Going forward I plan to gradually improve these images.
* The next step is to provide a better kernel more inline with Fedora
kernel standards.
* Later down the road hope to use the Fedora Multi-Platform kernel
once upstream Exynos support improves.
* nv-u-boot (chainned bootloader) support

Some folks have expressed interest in an easy way to put these images
on the internal SSD.
That should be possible, but I've not tried.
Will probably provide a tarball of the minimal rootfs to enable people
to update the script published earlier this year by Daniel Berrangé
[3]

[1] http://parasense.fedorapeople.org/
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F19/Remixes
[3] https://www.berrange.com/posts/2013/03/31/automated-install-of-fedora-18-arm-on-a-samsung-google-chromebook/