[fedora-arm] FC18 on sheevaplug corosync and gdb segfaults

Jochen De Smet jochen.arm at leahnim.org
Sun Jul 7 20:08:55 UTC 2013

Now that my Mirabox is up and running FC18, I thought it'd be a good
time to update my Sheevaplug (running FC15) to FC18 as well.

Using a minimally modified version of the 3.10 stock kernel I'm also using
on the mirabox, and the "Generic Root Filesystem arm" from the F18 remixes
page, everything appeared to be well at first.

Then I tried to get pcs up and running. Corosync segfaults at startup. I
tried to
do some debugging, but noticed that gdb also segfaults when trying to see
what's going on with corosync.

After a bit more digging, it now seems that gdb segfaults no matter what
program
I use it with. e.g. a simple ls:

[root at flea ~]# gdb /usr/bin/ls
GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora (7.5.1-38.fc18)
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "armv5tel-redhat-linux".
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/ls...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/ls.debug...done.
done.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/bin/ls
Segmentation fault
anaconda-ks.cfg  install.log  install.log.syslog
[root at flea ~]#

Note that the ls itself did appear to complete fine in this case, and
just running ls outside
of gdb works fine.  I haven't found anything else other than corosync
and gdb that's segfaulting.

Any idea what's going anyone?

J.

PS: Is there a generic armv5tel root fs for F19 anywhere? Don't see a
link on the wiki yet.