[fedora-arm] Various initial-setup issues + fixes

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 19:12:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

As part of my allwinner img work I've been doing some
more serious testing of initial-setup as a result
I've found (and fixed several) bugs, unfortunately too
late for the F-19 images, but I still thought it would be
good to mention them here in case others encounter them.

Issue 1: newly created user (from initial-setup) must
change his password on first login. This only happens
on systems without an rtc, so which boot with a date
of 1-1-1970, root cause:
985569 - libuser wrongly sets "date of last password change" shadow field to 0 on systems without an rtc
Fix / workaround:
985572 - PATCH: don't set "date of last password change" /etc/shadow field when creating users

Issue 2: timezone spoke settings never get saved, patch:
985566 - PATCH: actually write selected timezone and ntp info to disk

As a bonus feature I've also been working on adding anaconda's
network spoke to initial-setup, allowing setup of lan / wlan
from initial-setup, patches for this are here:
972362 - RFE: initial-setup is lacking a network config option / spoke

Regards,

Hans