[fedora-arm] F19 install on mirabox

Jochen De Smet jochen.arm at leahnim.org
Fri Jul 19 18:30:53 UTC 2013

So I got myself a second mirabox and figured I'd try to get F19 on there.

I got myself a microSD card as well, and wrote the image on there. When
plugged
into the mirabox, I can see the SD card from linux and mount the
partitions etc.

But after that I seem to be stuck. The instructions on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F19/Installation
seem to stop after the "write the image" step and don't have any
information on
actually booting from the SD card.

I figured I'd just try to manually load kernel/initramfs from the card,
but I seem
to have issues accessing it from U-boot:

Marvell>> mmcinfo
Card did not respond to voltage select!
Device: MRVL_MMC
Manufacturer ID: ff
OEM: ffff
Name: ▒▒▒▒▒
Tran Speed: -1
Rd Block Len: -1
SD version 15.15
High Capacity: Yes
Capacity: -1
Bus Width: 1-bit

I'm also not sure which kernel version to point to. From the config file
it seems like
the supplied kernels do have CONFIG_ARM_APPENDED_DTB set to y; can I
just cat
together uImage-3.9.5-301.fc19.armv7hl and the DTB, or do I need to add
the DTB
to vmlinuz and then convert to uImage?

U-boot version on the mirabox is
U-Boot 2009.08 (Sep 16 2012 - 22:50:06)Marvell version: 1.1.2 NQ

If I can find some time later today I might try putting the image on a
USB stick and
booting from that instead of the SD card, but that's not something I'd
want to keep
as a permanent solution.

Idea anyone ?

J.