[fedora-arm] F19 install on mirabox

Jochen De Smet jochen.arm at leahnim.org
Sun Jul 21 17:11:27 UTC 2013

On 7/21/2013 12:07, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Jochen De Smet
> <jochen.arm at leahnim.org <mailto:jochen.arm at leahnim.org>> wrote:
>

>     What's the output you get from "usb start" ? Should be someting like
>
>     Marvell>> usb start
>     (Re)start USB...
>     USB:   Active port:     invalid port number 2, switching to port 0
>     Register 10011 NbrPorts 1
>     USB EHCI 1.00
>     scanning bus for devices... 4 USB Device(s) found
>     Waiting for storage device(s) to settle before scanning...
>            scanning bus for storage devices... Device NOT ready
>        Request Sense returned 02 3A 00
>     2 Storage Device(s) found
>     Marvell>>
>

> That's exactly what I was getting.
>
>     Does it see your sd card as device 1? i.e.
>
>     Marvell>> usb storage
>       Device 0: Vendor: Generic  Rev: 9451 Prod: STORAGE DEVICE
>                 Type: Removable Hard Disk
>                 Capacity: not available
>       Device 1: Vendor: Generic  Rev: 9451 Prod: STORAGE DEVICE
>                 Type: Removable Hard Disk
>                 Capacity: 15407.0 MB = 15.0 GB (31553536 x 512)
>

> No, the Mirabox wasn't seeing the card for some reason.  I've tried
> again with another SD card, and it's seeing this one, so I'm able to
> get a bit further.  I can now get the kernel to boot, but it hangs
> almost immediately after the line that says "[  OK  ] Found device
> /dev/ttyS0."  For what it's worth, this is the same place my
> OpenBlocks AX3 is hanging as well -- so I'm wondering if this is a
> problem across all the Armada-XP systems.

Mirabox is Armada-370, not Armada-XP.

Which kernel are you using? What you get matches what I see with the F19
kernel inside the xz archive.

It works fine for me when I compile a stock 3.10 kernel, using this
config: http://pastebin.com/Qcj8vTs7

You should probably also enable the serial getty if you want to be able
to log in after the system comes up:

[root at stock ~]# ll /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 38 Jun 27 15:23 getty at tty1.service ->
/usr/lib/systemd/system/getty at .service
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 45 Jul 20 01:21 serial-getty at ttyS0.service ->
/usr/lib/systemd/system/serial-getty at .service
[root at stock ~]#

J.