[fedora-arm] Is it time to get an arm notebook?

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Jul 30 13:51:39 UTC 2013

 On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 15:43:17 +0200, Robert Moskowitz
 <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> On 07/30/2013 02:54 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net>
>> wrote:
>>> On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:41:18 +0200, Nicolas Chauvet
>>> <kwizart at gmail.com>

>>> +1 for the AC100.
>>>
>>> It's not without it's limitations, but there are a number of
>>> tweaks and modifications that can be applied to it to
>>> improve it:
>> You both missed the "but it is only a 10" display" on the other
>> device
>> he looked at... so I suspect it rules out the AC100 too
>
> I have an Asus eee900 with F18 that has a 10" screen.  I find it hard
> to work with for 'real' office docs.  And ppts from windows systems
> do
> not render properly (no problem on my Lenovo x120e 12" with F17).
>
> So I REALLY like 12" for general use and AIRPLANE use (how do people
> work with 14" in those squished seating), I have found the 10" format
> really not enough for general purpose use.

 I suspect your opinion is skewed by the fact that most 10"
 screens are 1024x600 which is so inadequate it beggars
 belief that any netbooks were ever sold with that resolution;
 I guess it proves that a lot of people will by any crap as
 long as it's cheap.

 You may find that with a higher resolution screen 10" is
 fine - the link I posed earlier shows hot to upgrade
 the AC100 from 1024x600 to 1280x720, which makes all
 the difference between completely unusable and livable
 with IMO. Asus Transformer packs 1920x1080 into 10".
 Google Nexus 10 packs 2560x1600 into 10" (but you'd
 have to get a bluetooth keyboard for it, and probably
 run full fat Linux in a chroot with VNC access from
 Android).

 Gordan