[fedora-arm] Fedora 19 TC6

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Jun 26 13:05:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:42:17 +0200
Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 06/25/2013 03:53 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:28:00 +0200
> > Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> I've ran my "Fedora armhfp to Fedora Allwinner A10" script on the
> >> XFCE image, and done some testing with that. Here are my findings:
> >>
> >> -Overall it looks very good!
> >> -Can we make the image 4G instead of 8 again please, writing 8G
> >>    take ages (4G only takes halve an age) ?
> >> -Can we use uboot and rootfs as fslabels again please, __ and
> >>    __boot are *ugly* ?
> >> -There is no poweroff/shutdown option in the poweroff menu
> >>    of lightdm, instead I get suspend and hibernate as only options.
> >>    This may be related to the Allwinner specific kernel I'm using,
> >>    or it could be a generic problem with lightdm using an x86
> >>    specific method to determine which buttons to show...
> >> -The first time I log into XFCE, choose default panel, and then
> >>    logout again, I end up with no panel. Removing all the config
> >>    for the user and doing it again fixes this. Am I the only one
> >>    seeing this?
> >>
> >> I've not yet filed bugs for any of these, if you believe I
> >> should file bugs, please let me know.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Hans
> >
> > Its now too late, you should have filed bugs.
>
> I understand, but the reason for me not filing them still exists,
> mainly where and against which component do I fie arm image bugs?

appliance-creator

>   because you cc'd me on
> > the email it got filtered elsewhere in a folder full of spam and i
> > only saw it because I cleaned out the spam and noticed. please do
> > not cc me on list emails. we are making 8gb images for F19
>
> Why are we making 8GB images, is 4GB too small? or ... ?
>
> I would really like to see this fixed for F-20, where and against
> which component do I file a bug for this?

it was a design decision I made. I guess that to change it discussion
would need to happen on this list or the spins list since that's where
discussions on spin-kickstarts happens which is where all the kickstart
snippets live.

> > disk label will not
> > be changing, as hiopped the images use UUID's appliance-creator sets
> > the labels based on mount point, im not going to write support to
> > set labels.
>
> Again I would really like to see this fixed for F-20, where and
> against which component do I file a bug for this?

appliance-creator do note ive taken over upstream for it.

>  > as to poweroff/shutdown, it needs debugging, but RC1 final
> > images are compressing now.
>
> Ok.
>
>  > ive not seen the XFCE issue, but without a
> > bug its impossible to track or get on the radar for fixing.
>
> Well it is hard to reproduce for me too, which is why I wanted to
> gather more data first.

okay

Dennis