[fedora-arm] 3.8.x. kernel for F-18/17

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 03:39:59 UTC 2013

On Mar 5, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We're getting close to pushing a proper updates build for the F-18/17
> releases to rebase them to kernel 3.8.x.
>
> I have done a scratch build of 3.8.2-202 [1] and I would like some
> wider testing especially on armv5tel devices.

I ran a test on my OpenRD Client. The system has 512 MB of RAM. A kirkwood SOC and a xgi z11 video chip.  I have uboot in the OpenRd client set to boot the kernel from a boot partition on a sata drive and have the rootfs in another partition on the sata drive. I use a file for swap.  The roofs is Fedora 17.

I downloaded kernel-kirkwood-3.8.2-202.fc18.armv5tel.rpm from your scratch build
to the sata disk in the OpenRD Client and then ran
su -c 'yum -v localinstall kernel-kirkwood-3.8.2-202.fc18.armv5tel.rpm'
The installation went well. It did take a bit of time during the cleanup phase and
I assume that is due to dracut running.

I then rebooted the OpenRD Client and it booted cleanly with the new kernel.

[root at OpenRD ~]# uname -a
Linux OpenRD 3.8.2-202.fc18.armv5tel.kirkwood #1 Mon Mar 4 20:24:06 UTC 2013 armv5tel armv5tel armv5tel GNU/Linux

lsmod shows the xgifb loaded for the OpenRD Clients xgi z11 video chip

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
model name      : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS        : 1196.85
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant     : 0x2
CPU part        : 0x131
CPU revision    : 1

Hardware        : Marvell OpenRD Client Board
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000

If you need any more info let me know.
Oh and thank you for all the hard work.