[fedora-arm] Fedora Release Criteria Re-write

Paul Whalen pwhalen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 16:53:36 UTC 2013

Good day all,

Adam Williamson has proposed a major re-write to the release criteria for
Fedora. The intention is to make the release criteria more readable, but
Adam has also taken the opportunity to make the criteria more flexible
for emerging architectures like ARM.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_alpha_criteria_sandbox

>From an ARM perspective, our major huddles seem to be the installer related
criteria and release blocking desktops, which for primary are defined as
GNOME and KDE. Due to hardware limitations on ARM, we have been
using XFCE as our release blocking desktop.

During the QA meeting today, these concerns were discussed with the
following outcome:

Release blocking desktops - Suggestion to have the desktops be defined
by architecture, GNOME/KDE for x86, XFCE for ARM. This needs to be
decided by FESCo. Suggestion is to include this in the PA proposal.

Installer related criteria - since ARM lacks an installer on most
platforms, items relating to the installer do not need to be
considered at this time, with the wording to be adjusted as needed when
ARM is promoted to primary.

Please have a look at the proposed changes and see if you can see anything
else we should discuss further.

Thanks!
Paul