[fedora-arm] Patching aarch64 support into Fedora

Al Stone ahs3 at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 19:07:36 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 10:39 PM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> On 03/06/2013 07:24 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>> Talking with the X guys they run autoreconf in %build so all of their
>> packages are false positives.
>
> Good catch.  Al is updating patchify to also scan %build for such
> occurrences.  We'll have an updated list tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay....updated results can be found here:

http://fedorapeople.org/~ahs3/patchify/run3/patched.pkgs

That list is all the packages that use config.{guess,sub}
and have not already been patched upstream for aarch64 -- a
total of 1976 packages that I've been able to find.  Some
434 have already been patched.

Note that there may still be false positives; I did not
eliminate the packages that use some form of autoconf because
it's not clear one can assume that autoconf will actually be
invoked during the %build -- or at least I can't unless I'm
willing to do some extensive parsing of the spec file that I
have not done so far (it would probably easier to just build
the package).

The packages that use ./configure in some form in the spec
file (2623 of them) are listed here:

http://fedorapeople.org/~ahs3/patchify/run3/configure.pkgs

This lists 2623 packages.  In actuality, by searching for
the existence of config.{guess,sub} there are only 2459.
The remainder are the results of the regex not being able
to separate out, for example, './configure' in a comment
vs an actual use.

So, 2459 total packages using ./configure; patches were
created for 1976 of them, 434 were already patched, and
5 ran into errors while creating a patch.  I'm missing
44 somewhere still that I'll see if I can find.

I've also stashed copies of the log from running the script
(run3.log) and several other lists of the various packages
found (e.g., dead packages, packages not using config*, and
so on) in that same directory on fp.o.  Holler if there's
questions...

--
ciao,
al