[fedora-arm] F19: uImage load addresses with unified kernel

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 23:54:37 UTC 2013

On 03/26/2013 04:49 PM, Graeme Russ wrote:
> 4. Relocatable kernel (like x86)

If I understand correctly it already is relocatable.  This is simply the
address that uboot is instructed to load the kernel into memory at.

> 5. Have U-Boot process uImage to adjust for load location (U-Boot
> already does a similar thing for itself)

Likewise, this is the address uboot is instructed to load the kernel at.
  My naive understanding is that uboot loads the header, analyzes it,
then loads the rest of the file based on the content of that header.  If
the header instructs uboot to load the kernel into non-existent memory
it not operate correctly.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com