[fedora-arm] Introducing the vArch tool to assist with aarch64

Dan Aloni alonid at stratoscale.com
Fri May 3 16:41:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Dan Aloni <alonid at stratoscale.com> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I am happy to share a tool for developing and testing 64-bit ARM
> software on
> > a x86_64 kernel/hardware.
> >[..]
> > You can read all about it here: http://vArch.stratoscale.com
>
> I don't believe this is suitable for this list. It's not open source.

Peter,

This is the tool we are using internally. We are providing it out of
good will to help the community the same way it helps us push forward
aarch64.

We have no intention to commercialize the capability to run unmodified
aarch64 binaries on x86 and the license reflects that intention.

We will be happy to work with the community and address specific
concerns of using the tool as you are using other closed source yet
free tools specifically for the aarch64 platform.

Best,
Dan.