[fedora-arm] EOMA68-A20 CPU Card and Improv Engineering Board available for sale

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 09:10:37 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 09:23:30PM +0000, luke.leighton wrote:
> hoooray, hooray, finally we're on to a non-CE/non-FCC beta run.  $75
> plus tax & shipping via our 3rd party partners.  specs at the link
> below.  anyone on debian-arm or fedora-arm who would like to order one
> and would like a preorder code so as to be able to jump the first-come
> first-served queue (i have a few available) please contact me directly
> for instructions ok?
>
> http://eoma68-a20.qimod.com/improv.html

I have to admit this website and the ones linked from it leave me
more confused than when I started.

Is this a PCMCIA card?  That sounds like an interesting form factor,
but in that case how does the serial console work?

Assuming it's a development board, not a PCMCIA card:

 - Why not give it more RAM?  The A20 can address up to 2GB which
   I consider to be an absolute minimum for serious work.

 - Why not include a CP2102-type UART-USB chip so you can just plug it
   directly into USB to get a serial console.  IMHO serial ports are
   requirements for development boards, not something that everyone
   should be forced to buy separately.

 - Precisely what patches are required to get the upstream kernel to work?

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v