[fedora-arm] Help finding an ARM platform

Jeffrey Bastian jbastian at redhat.com
Tue Oct 1 12:47:16 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 04:35:21PM -0400, Tim Arnold wrote:
> Can someone tell me what is  the best low cost ARM based  computer that can run
> fedora is? I need it for a development platform as an audio client in the multi
> media network.

The Trimslice is soon to be replaced by the Utilite, so the remaining
stock of Trimslice units are being sold at $99 and $120.
http://utilite-computer.com/web/models

Both the Trimslice and the Utilite come in a case, but they do not have
optical audio, just electrical SPDIF through the 3.5mm port.

The Cubox-i has a case and optical audio on the spec sheet, and it's
using the Freescale i.MX6 CPU just like the Utilite, but it's still in
pre-order stage.
http://cubox-i.com/

I don't know what the Fedora support will be like on either the Utilite
or the Cubox-i since the hardware isn't shipping yet, but there does
seem to be interest in the Utilite.
https://plus.google.com/113210185268665255819/posts/RHRwJMC1a1v

Jeff