[fedora-arm] SSD USB reset problems on Trimslice Pro

Jeffrey Bastian jbastian at redhat.com
Thu Oct 10 16:28:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:24:57AM -0500, Jeffrey Bastian wrote:
> I tried cgroups as a bigger hammer to throttle I/O, but it didn't help
> either.

I take it back: it did help a bit.  Although I still saw lots of I/O
errors from the kernel, the rsync was able to finish successfully.

Previously after enough errors accumulated, the kernel would re-mount
/mnt/sysimage/boot as read-only and my rsync would fail, but with the
cgroup throttling down writes, it was able to finish copying and the
mount remained read-write the entire time.

With a quick update of the UUIDs in /etc/fstab and /boot/boot.{cmd,scr}
the Trimslice is booting F20-Beta-TC2 from the SSD now.

Jeff