[fedora-arm] Improved support for BeagleBone (Black) for Fedora 20

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:07:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Jason Kridner
<jkridner at beagleboard.org> wrote:
> Did you know that BeagleBone Black is *true* open hardware? This means
> that people can readily take the design and make their own custom
> changes to it even prototyping it in low quantities, such as being
> supported for the upcoming Arduino TRE. The same can't be said for
> some other boards in the same price range also looking to get Linux in
> the hands of more people.
>
> It is also $35 to distributors and those including it in other open
> hardware projects.
>
> OK, it might not have been best for me to start with a sales pitch,
> but it seems to me a lot of people aren't aware.

People are aware.  There have been several dozen handed out at various
Fedora events.

> I'd like to figure out who has interest in improving Fedora support on
> BeagleBone Black and what I can do to help them. We have a running
> image of Fedora...

Peter Robinson and Kyle McMartin have been poking at getting it
booting recently.

> First and foremost, support needs to be in the Fedora mainline, not on
> a remix. I'd be very happy if I was copied on any blocking issues in
> that regard so that I can help get them addressed.

Getting all the relevant kernel patches upstream would go a long way
towards getting everything in Fedora mainline.  Particularly in a
multiboard fashion.

josh