[fedora-arm] Fedora 20 Alpha RC2 on Wandboards (was: Fedora 19 booted on Wandboard Quad)

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 05:55:22 UTC 2013

> > I'm afraid I'm going to need a bit of a pointer here.  I downloaded

> > > Fedora-Minimal-armhfp-20-Alpha-TC1-1-sda.raw.xz, uncompressed it,
> > > and dd'ed it to an SD card.  I then dd'ed my U-Boot build for the
> > > Wandboard Quad onto the SD card, beginning at offset 1k (where the
> > > iMX6 bootrom expects it), and started the board running.
> > >
> > From my experience, you should take a later snapshot. Recently, I
> > started to write the process up a bit.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mrunge/Wandboard_quad
> >
> > Please note, it's a wiki. If anything is missing or wrong, I encourage
> > you to correct it.
>
> Thanks for posting the link. I've used your description with on my
> Wandboard DualLite and it works like a charm (using the imx6dl uboot.imx
> and dtb). Dmesg: http://paste.fedoraproject.org/39690/48270137/
>
> Some issues I have noticed:
> - no autoboot (bootcmd and bootdelay are set in uboot, whats missing?)

Likely an issue with a-b-c so I'd check with Brendan and see if there's
anything needed.

> - no automatic resize of / on the first boot (is that intentional?)
> - occasional hang while booting (mentioned elsewhere in this thread)
>
> Does anyone know if bugs have been filed for this already? I do not seem
> to be able to find any.
>
> What are the plans to go forward with this wiki page? Currently it is
> named and written for the Wandboard Quad, but obviously other
> Wandboard(s) work too.

I would likely rename it, and even make it generic to all i.MX6 devices as
I suspect the Wandboard, utilite and new CuBoxes will all be very similar.

> Also, the scripts that Hans de Goede provides in his AllWinner remix
> take care of configuring the bootloader and things, maybe that can be
> used as a base for the other image(s)? I think that providing a common
> way to write/configure images for Fedora ARM where possible is
> preferred?

Yes, it's been randomly discussed that they might be a good start for that
sort of thing but no ones actually done it.