[fedora-arm] uboot for the Cubieboard2 - not so easy

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Aug 3 23:52:25 UTC 2014

On 08/03/2014 05:00 PM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 08/03/2014 06:32 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> On 08/02/2014 06:54 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Correct.

>>> That won't work because it is missing the "generic distro support" patches
>>> Fedora's images rely on.
>>>
>>> I've a u-boot tree which supports a lot more allwinner devices then just the
>>> cubietruck, and does include the generic distro support.
>>>
>>> To build this do the following (on an x86 machine)
>>>
>>> yum install gcc-arm-linux-gnu
>>> git clone https://github.com/jwrdegoede/u-boot-sunxi.git
>>> cd u-boot-sunxi
>>> git checkout -B next origin/next
>> # git checkout -B next origin/next
>> Branch next set up to track remote branch next from origin.
>> Switched to a new branch 'next'
>>
>>> make -j4 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnu- Cubieboard2_defconfig
>> # make -j4 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnu- Cubieboard2_defconfig
>>    HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
>> /bin/sh: gcc: command not found
>> make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 127
>> make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
>>
>> Looks like there is something else I need to install...
> It seems like you've never build anything from source on your system.
>
> For starters you will need to install gcc:
>
> yum install gcc
>
> Given that your system is not setup to build software you may need
> some other things too though.

Yep.  I am rather inexperienced doing builds and such.  I need real good
cookbooks like you supplied here.  Installed gcc, and nothing else was
asked for.  I first cloned the card I have built up, and then ran your
dd of the uboot.  Next to the cubieboard2 back together (monitor,
keyboard, console, and the like) and watch the boot.