[fedora-arm] Cubieboard 2 compatible kernel package

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Aug 14 11:26:14 UTC 2014

Hi -

I have a headless cubieboard 2 running a 3.4 kernel that came with the board, but a Fedora rootfs already.

It's been pretty workable, but now I need to compile an OOT kernel module, and that's a big mess with the magic 3.4 kernel.  The defconfig it was built with has gone 404, although a tarball of the sources (with different defconfigs) exists.

So after reading the megathreads here about cubieboard 2 support working, I went to look for a rawhide kernel package and give it a try.

However after looking at Wikis that are out of date compared to the mailing list, and an "Arm Koji" that only has 64-bit arm binaries in the kernel package, I have no idea where to go to get the latest armhf kernel package, U-Boot pieces etc.

I think this respin concept is not a good idea, I see rotting one-off "respins" including one from Feb for Cubieboard.  But all I want is to upgrade the 3.4 kernel to use a Fedora one with latest upstream pieces.  My fedora rootfs is already in good shape.

What steps should someone in this situation take to align themselves with latest armv7 hf kernel and boot-related pieces that will work on Cubieboard 2?

Thanks for any advice.

-Andy