[fedora-arm] Run fedora on the IFC6410 board

Fathi Boudra fathi.boudra at linaro.org
Wed Aug 27 07:00:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 26 August 2014 17:24, Gwendal Le Guevel <gwendalleguevel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have buy a IFC6410 board to do some linux hacking.
>
> I would like to run an up-to-date fedora on it in desktop mode.
>
> For now I have a fedora 20 installed on a sdcard with freedreno.
> But to boot it I launch a prebuild kernel from Linaro, it's a 3.4.x kernel.
> I like to run an up-to-date kernel, If I can, perraps it's not possible.

It's possible (3.16 kernel):
http://snapshots.linaro.org/kernel-hwpack/linux-linaro-tracking-ll-ifc6410/49

> I have try to build kernel and create boot img for fastboot, but it's don't
> work on my ifc6410.
>
> The step I do :
>
> checkout on git the last stable kernel (3.16.1)
> do kernel config : make ARCH=arm qcom_defconfig (I'm not sure if I need to
> use qcom or msm defconfig).
> build kernel zImage and dtb with : make ARCH=arm
> CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi- scripts qcom-apq8064-ifc6410.dtb zImage
> Add qcom-apq8064-ifc6410.dtb to zImage : cat arch/arm/boot/zImage
> arch/arm/boot/dts/qcom-apq8064-ifc6410.dtb > zImage-ifc6410
> Extract bootimg.cfg and initrd.img from rob prebuild kernel (from freedreno
> wiki).
> Update bootimg.cfg cmd to replace ttyHSL0 with ttyMSM0. (
> Create boot img for fastboot with cmd : abootimg --create boot-ifc6410.img
> -f bootimg.cfg -k zImage-ifc6410 -r initrd.img
> The bootimg.cfg and initrd.img come from rob prebuild kernel (from kernel
> 3.4.x)
> Try to start boot img on the board with : sudo fastboot boot
> boot-ifc6410.img
>
> And with this I have the following output on the serial console :
>
> [25220] fastboot: download:01600000
> [26630] fastboot: boot
> [26670] Power on reason 32
> [26670] cmdline: loglevel=10 msm.hang_debug=n
> earlyprintk=serial,ttyMSM0,115200,n8 console=ttyMSM0,115200,n8 console=tty0
> root=/dev/mmcblk1p3 rootwait plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles rhgb
> androidboot.emmc=true androidboot.serialno=1515d75
> androidboot.baseband=apq[26700] booting linux @ 0x80208000, ramdisk @
> 0x82508000 (11679659)
> [26700] Turn off LVDS PANEL.
>
> And nothing more, while when I use prebuild boot img from rob or linaro, I
> have normal kernel output after.
>
> Is there is something I did wrong, or I need to do in addition ?
> In kernel_config_ifc6410 from linaro there as option :
> CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET=0x80200000.
> Is this option as something to do with the bootimg.cfg kerneladdr option ?
>
> Because this option is not in my kernel build configuration.

the multi_v7 kernel is so huge that it overlapped with data behind it
(with kerneladdr = 0x80208000 and secondaddr = 0x81x00000 in
bootimg.cfg). Changing the secondaddr to 0x82f00000 will fix the
problem.

> Thank you.
>
> PS: I'm not sure if I'm on the right mailing list, peraps send this on the
> linux-arm and linux-arm-kernel mailing list would be more appropriate.

or linaro-dev ml ;)