[fedora-arm] Fedora 21 Allwinner Remix image?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Dec 7 02:01:49 UTC 2014

On 12/06/2014 06:31 AM, Robert Brown wrote:
> Is development at the point where I can install this:
> http://mirror.optus.net/fedora/linux/releases/test/21-Beta/Images/armhfp/Fedora-Xfce-armhfp-21_Beta-4-sda.raw.xz
>
> to an sdcard
>
> then install u-boot for the A10 and be able to boot the device
> headless since hdmi is not yet working?
> Again I have no serial console available.

Well we are in final RC5 now with production on the 9th!

The uboot developer has HDMI working now, but we won't see it until F22
beta.  It needs the current development uboot and a 3.19 kernel (current
Rawhide kernel is 3.18).  Reverse engineering what Allwinner did for
video was considered 'HARD' on the Sunxi uboot website.  He also has a
sata multiplexer!  He told me to be patient :)

For the serial console, some are reporting things are working in the
latest release, but I am still doing the following:

Mount the SD card after the build then:

vi /.../__boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf

append:

console=ttyS0,115200

to the append line.

save this then do your first boot on your A10.  BTW, I am using the
Cubieboard2 and Cubietrucks which are A20 boards.  So I also want my CT
WiFi and BT to work.  Patience grasshopper...