[fedora-arm] Someone interested in Pandaboard ES?

Пламен Христов plamenhhristov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 11:00:17 UTC 2014

> I'm running F-21 on two revisions of the Panda-ES without issues. I'm
> running one with a minimal install and one with XFCE.
>
> I've not seen any errors around thermal errors even when compiling
> things. Have you tried installing the kernel-tools package and running
> the tmon util? My devices sit at around 30 degrees at idle.
>
> The wlcore module error is a known issue. I black list them as I don't
> use wireless. The chip needs a userspace util called uim to put the
> chip into the right mode, also the patches to support DeviceTree
> haven't landed upstream. In general the WiLink wireless drivers aren't
> in a great state.
>
> I create a file called:
> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-wlcore.conf
> And add the following two lines:
> blacklist wl12xx
> blacklist wlcore
>
> I can't help with the other error without more information. Overall
> with F-21 GA the Panda-ES does work relatively well in my experience.
> There's certainly some improvements to be made but it's generally very
> usable with  XFCE or as a minimal install system.
>
> Peter

Thank You fo reply, Peter!

I'have installed kernel-tools and banned wlcore. Than reboot before make
new logs.
Tmon indicates ~50C at Idle and goes 79 with little load. Based on previous
expiriance it can't survive full system update, without termal shutdown.

Here is my logs:
http://pastebin.com/L118YkDt
http://pastebin.com/pfSLR2Fe
http://pastebin.com/NH4G5egN

Last time I forgot to mention that mouse is working badly, but think that
this is not important now. I use XFCE edition of F21. Power adapter is 2250
mA and I think that is OK also.