[fedora-arm] F21 disk image idea

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jan 9 15:19:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 02:16:55PM -0800, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
[...]

The idea seems uncontroversial to me.  Of the two options given,
I'd prefer:

> Alternately:
>
> download f21-xfce.img
> download fedora-arm-bbb.img
> write fedora-arm-bbb.img to same block device
> partprobe
> write f21-xfce.img to partition 3 of block device

because:

(a) the generic Fedora image just becomes a simple root filesystem
(ie. a direct ext4 image) so it's easy for end users to understand
what it is.  And (b) instead of shipping the Fedora image as a
filesystem image, we could consider shipping it as a tar.xz file,
which is useful for other cases such as containers and qemu user
emulation.

Rich.